Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Channel that

As we’re stuck inside, I thought I’d share some of my favourite YouTube channels to bring restaruant food into your kitchen, or just do home-cooked meals well.

School of Wok

A recent discovery is the School of Wok which has reawakened my love of Asian street foods and given me some very helpful hints on wok management.

Recipe - School of Wok

Here’s one I made earlier this week - Massaman Curry

John Kirkwood

As his delightful intro tells us - John is a retired cook from the north east of England. And I just love to bits how he adds “in the UK”.

This is hearty food with lots of bread styles, roasts, pies and desserts.

Recipe - Eve’s Pudding

I’ve included a version of this one in a post about a year back. Here’s the real thing!

Souped up Recipes

Mandy is our host. The channel’s description asks us to join us on her YouTube journey, and empty our stomachs. OK…

Focused on Chinese dishes she was brought up with and going since only 2017, I’ve had lots of fun and learnt heaps. I’ve generally emptied my stomach in a different context.

Recipe - Sesame Chicken

From her “Better than Takeout” series. The one I tried first and still love.

Food Wishes

The delivery style can wear thin, but I love pleasure here in doing simple things well.

Recipe - Potatoes Romanoff

As we see the cinema release of Black Widow recede into the future (is that a thing?). Let’s just eat stuff.

Marion’s Kitchen

Australian foodie Marian Grasby. Clearly described instructions with the occasional presentation idea that even a klutz like me can attempt.

Recipe - beef Broth an Pho

This is Marion’s isolation tip. Over Easter I made batches of beef and chicken stock. Very calming. Put a few containers in the freezer and look forward to a week where every meal comes with a punch of flavour and a caress of goodness.

The Katering Show

Just saying…

No comments:

Post a Comment